Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life is a Cabaret...

"It was the end of the world. And I was dancing with Sally Bowles--and we were both fast asleep." (from "Willkommen (Reprise)", Cabaret)

Spent the morning listening to the New Broadway Cast recordings of /Cabaret/, which I love much. If any of you are interested, someone's posted video of Natasha Richardson as Sally Bowles from said Broadway run, singing 'Maybe This Time.' It's quite lovely.


Maybe this time, I'll be lucky
Maybe this time, he'll stay
Maybe this time,
For the first time,
Love won't hurry away

He will hold me, fast
I'll be home at last
Not a loser anymore
Like the last time
And the time before

Everybody loves a winner
So nobody loved me
'Lady Peaceful,' 'Lady Happy,'
That's what I long to be!
All the odds are in my favor
Something's bound to begin!
It's got to happen, happen sometime,
Maybe this time, I'll win
....
It's got to happen, happen sometime...
Maybe this time--maybe this time--I'll win.

No comments: