Sunday, January 10, 2010

PINK STAG W BLK BOA

Electric Moose Disco would be a great band name.

It doesn't fit the usual pattern; Chris and I remark on this often, but (three to four syllable adjective) + (one to two syllable noun) is reliable. Esp. in 3 + 1 format.

Viable Frog was the first, and was honestly and seriously considered as a name to use when we started recording the songs wrote (so was Rum and Peaches) before we decided on Paper Cats (which doesn't fit the rule but isn't excluded by it, either). But it always works; they don't even have to make sense, you can just start slinging them together. Here:

Harmonious Finks
Serpentine Pine
Volatile Mercy
Concentric Penguins
Dubious Shoes (that would have to be "The Dubious Shoes," I think)
Carnation Theory
Radical Albert
Windowpane Clams

(....I recognize that carnation and windowpane are nouns, but they do modify the following nouns, so I think that counts.)

Bombastic Bits (also a "The" here, I think)
Delicious Dish
Propagated Fog
Licentious Fig
Blasphemous Rumors (with nods to Depeche Mode)
Psionic Modes
Psychotic Pig
Triumphant Strumpet

I mean, seriously. And all this discovered because of an offhand comment in Zoology lab.

But Electric Moose Disco, despite adding on the formula, is my favorite of the day.

And that one exists because, for two dollars at the Borders, from their Christmas Clearance bin, I bought what is labeled "STAG PINK W BLK BOA" on the back of the tag. ...I will let you just ponder on that a while.


EDIT to add: I recommend wasting a minute on the band name thing. <3

2 comments:

Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

The Wifey recommended I come read this after I posted (via IM) the comment that How To Smile In Semaphore Code would make a great name for an album. Serendipity. Serendipity is thy name.

Doc Nagel said...

Also note that a "p," "g," or "k" sound helps tremendously. "F" is good, too.

Catastrophic Welts
Arrogant Pugs
Jennifer Can't

Some of the blogger word verifications would be good band names. This one is "mutwised."